Vimba - activate logging
Vimba offers logging for Vimba C API calls, the save/load settings functions, and the transport layer behavior.
Activating logging of C API calls
- Find the file VimbaC.xml (search for: %VIMBA_HOME%VimbaC\Bin\Win32)
- In the XML file, uncomment <!-- <LogFileName>VimbaC.log</LogFileName> -->
- Save the xml file to the folder of your VimbaC.dll, e.g., %VIMBA_HOME%Tools\Viewer\Win32
As soon as you use Vimba Viewer, the file VimbaC.log is available in the Vimba Viewer folder.
If you use a different application (e.g., a programming example), save the XML file to the folder containing its VimbaC.dll.
Activating logging of load/save settings
Especially if you load saved camera settings to a different camera model, the log files are useful to find out which features were loaded successfully.
- To activate logging of load/save settings, activate VimbaC.log as described above.
- Save or load the settings.
- Find the log file VmbCameraSettingsSave.log or VmbCameraSettingsLoad.log in your Temp folder (search for: %temp%).
Activating logging of a transport layer
To log the TL behavior, for example the GigE TL, perform these steps:
- Find the file VimbaGigETL.xml (search for: %VIMBA_HOME%VimbaGigETL\Bin\Win32)
- In the XML file, uncomment <!-- <LogFileName>VimbaGigETL.log</LogFileName> -->
Now the log file VimbaGigETL.log is available in the Vimba Viewer folder.
For logging the other TLs, proceed accordingly, replacing GigE with your desired TL.
Back to list